As a school district administrator or member of the IT team are you looking to improve the way you collect, manage and store data? Teachers need access to curriculum, administrators need access to departmental records (student records past and present, HR, accounting) so they can track student and school progress and improve efficiency. The next reasonable step for education is determining a document management solution. Determining the right software for your institution can save your staff and administrators valuable time and money in saved labor hours. Typical return on investment is within the first six months.
Freedom Imaging Systems has an integrated technology solution, RICAR (Record Image Capture And Retrieval) that enables school districts to capture, index, store, backup and manage their data. Once stored, your files are effortlessly retrieved, at your command — for viewing, printing, faxing and distributing, all with just a few clicks. No more spending laborious hours searching through student files to gain valuable information — it’s accessible (to those who have been given security clearance) within seconds!
The software can integrate and work with existing applications that staff and administrators use, such as Gmail, Outlook and other Microsoft products.
- Track student progress.
- Improve operations — administrators can analyze various departments: HR, financial, curriculum, athletics, student and employee records, as many as deemed necessary.
- FreeWf (Freedom’s state of the art workflow application) is a content management system that will integrate with educational documents both electronic and analog. FreeWf provides complete security that sorts and routes the information.
- With electronic forms the collection of student data can be saved as PDFs and placed into the workflow process for further evaluation and dissemination to other departments for their review or use.
- Human Resources — whether electronic forms, employment applications, performance reviews, benefits can all be managed and tracked. Equally critical, while keeping documents secure there can be settings added so that authorized users can access the information from anywhere.
- Scanning software can take all those paper files you have boxed and archived and create a digital alternative freeing up space and monies no longer needed to house the documents. Additionally, information is at your fingertips with a few clicks on a computer as opposed to heading into storage areas searching through files upon files.
- Facilitates education institutions compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act — protecting privacy and security of students’ health data) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – protecting student records).
- A single electronic document can be created from the time a student is enrolled in the district or university that would follow that student through to graduation, allowing educators at every level to share important student data easily.
Document management software can help you collect, manage and deliver your educational institutions critical content. It’s a solution that makes sense in any data-driven environment — from K-12 education to a large university.
If you’re interested in speaking with one of our document and content management specialists about helping your school stay competitive, contact us at 734.327.5600.